30 March 2010

take a seat.

chairs. they can be so beautiful, can't they? there is something about a well designed chair that makes me stop in my tracks. chairs aren't a huge commitment, so you can take more of a risk than you would with a couch. and when you sit down in a comfy one, everything seems to make sense. okay so maybe that is a kind of a dramatic thing to say about a chair, but the point is i love them. here are a few of my faves.



the jens risom rocker. a modern classic. i sat in one of these the other day, and let me tell you, that thing was comfy! perfect for a nursery or bedroom. the color is such a cool neutral, and it really gets that danish look down. it's pretty great.



the shaker settee. i can just see this in a long hallway, with coats hung up next to it and a line of shoes underneath. the hallway would preferably have a lovely wallpaper covering, naturally. this would look so great with a pattern peeking out from in between it's back spokes.



the eames molded rocker. it is so simple, lightweight, and surprisingly comfy. paul gave me a mini one for my birthday last year, and i love the way it sits on top of a pile of books on our coffee table. it looks so delicate.



the frank lloyd wright barrel chair. probably the least practical, but after seeing original ones during our tour of his home and studio, they will always have a place in my heart. i love how wright though about every single detail of the houses he built, right down to the furniture. i could see this in (a very lucky) kid's room.

all available at dwr.

if my camera were working (sad face) i would post some of the vintage chairs we have that i love so dearly. hopefully i will soon (are you listening camera gods? fix my little guy!)

ps. i don't know why the first 2 pictures are so small.
my apologies!

No comments:

Post a Comment